It has been almost two months since Captain America: Civil War was released in theaters across the world and it has been quite the success for Marvel. The movie has grossed the fourth highest total among MCU films and was met with both critical and fan praise for how well the story came together. The theatrical run for the movie should come to an end in the next month or so worldwide, with the DVD release date for the UK already revealed. While we currently wait to find out when the US release date is, there is still time to see it again in theaters (I mean, I’ve already seen it five times).
As we wait, some new details surrounding the Blu-Ray/DVD release for the Captain America: Civil War have been revealed and among the usual special features, we will get a special preview for Marvel’s next film, Doctor Strange. The special features come courtesy of Stitch Kingdom and include the following-
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall — The Making of Captain America: Civil War – Part 1 & 2 – From skinny volunteer to backbone of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, chart Captain America’s journey through every decisive moment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War — Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War — Tony Stark’s path has been no less epic or transformative than that of his friend and ally, Steve Rogers.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange — Exclusive Sneak Peek — Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
- Audio Commentary — With Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and the screenwriters.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
Along with the special features, Stitch Kingdom was also able to reveal the cover for the Collector’s Edition, which features a 3D Blu-Ray, regular Blu-Ray, and a digital copy of the movie. As you can see in the cover below, it is not the traditional poster that is being used on this cover, but variations will most likely be available.
Source: Stitch Kingdom.