With 2016 drawing to a close, Marvel fans are eagerly awaiting the 2017 additions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Among the 3 films and 5 television series being offered next year is the hotly anticipated The Punisher, set to debut on Netflix.
Spinning off from the character’s success and popularity on Daredevil, The Punisher follows Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) – a vigilante, tormented my the murder of his family, who is willing to take lethal measures to stop crime.
Also joining in from Daredevil is Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll), a journalist who had previously met Castle while working as an assistant for the law firm that worked on Castle’s case. Daniel Webber who portrays Lewis Walcott, a young veteran, on the series has posted the photo below on Instagram, captioning with “Welcome to team Punisher.”
Joining Bernthal, Woll, and Webber are Jason R. Moore (Curtis Hoyle), Michael Nathanson (Sam Stein), Aber Rose Revah (Dinah Madani), Ebon Moss-Bachrach (David Lieberman), Jaime Ray Newman (Sarah Lieberman) and Ben Barnes (Billy Russo).
(from left to right)
- Jason R. Moore as Curtis Hoyle
- Michael Nathanson as Sam Stein
- Daniel Webber as Lewis Walcott
- Aber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani
- Ebon Moss-Bachrach as David Lieberman (Micro)
- Jaime Ray Newman as Sarah Lieberman
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Ben Barnes as Billy Russo
The Punisher is set hit Netflix sometime in 2017.