The much-anticipated Black Widow standalone film seems to be well underway with a writer to pen the script and a possible prequel setting. Last night, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Marvel has begun meeting a handful of directors to possibly helm the film. According to them:

Marvel Studios has been looking for a director to break its glass ceiling with Black Widow and has been meeting with filmmakers such as Deniz Gamze Erguven (the Turkish movie Mustang), Chloe Zhao (The Rider) and Amma Asante (A United Kingdom), among several others. That search is still ongoing, according to sources.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige recently stated that 90% their time nowadays is spent on completing the remaining Phase 3 projects at hand with the remaining 10% spent looking to the future of the MCU. If the search for Black Widow directors constitutes a tiny part of that 10%, we can’t imagine how fast this production will be once they start focusing on post-Avengers 4 films. I’m not too familiar with the names attached to the project as I haven’t seen these films but if Marvel is heavily interested in what they can offer to the Black Widow standalone, then I’m onboard for them too.

Source: THR